Recipients from age 6 to adult.
The recipient must currently have or at any time during the past 6 months had a diagnosable mental, behavioral or emotional disorder to meet diagnostic criteria specified within the DSM-V or the ICD-10; or subsequent revisions of these documents.
The recipient must exhibit emotional, cognitive or behavioral functioning, which is impaired, as a result of mental illness.
A documented history of severe psychiatric disability which is expected to persist for at least a year and requires intensive mental health services, as indicated by one of the following:
- Psychiatric hospitalizations of at least 6 months duration in the last 5 years; or
- 2 or more hospitalizations for mental disorders in the last twelve 12 months; or
- Structured psychiatric residential care, other than hospitalization, for a duration of at least 6 months in the last 5 years; or
- A severe psychiatric disability of at least six (6) months duration in the past year.
A documented history of severe psychiatric disability that is expected to persist for at least 6 months and requires intensive mental health services, as indicated by at least 1 of the following:
- Past psychiatric hospitalization(s);
- Past supported residential care for emotional/behavioral disorder;
- Past structured day program treatment for emotional/behavioral disorder; or
- An impairment or pattern of inappropriate behaviors that has persisted for at least 3 months and is expected to persist for at least 6 months.